The Detroit automaker announced that the EPA had certified its 2012 Ford Focus Electric with 110 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) city rating and 99 MPGe on the highway. Your driving habits will help determine whether you’ll be able to go further than the Ford’s EPA approved 76-mile range. Ford says that a Focus Electric may be driven up to 100 miles on a single charge.
Competitors offer nearly equivalent performance with Nissan’s Leaf having achieved a 106-mpg city/92 mpg highway rating and the Chevy Volt offering an estimated 93 MPGe.
Ford is making a strategic bet on high efficiency vehicles with fuel pricing on the rise. Its 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid will exceed 100 MPGe in electric mode. Ford’s conventional vehicles all rate highly in fuel efficiency. According to a Ford press release on Friday:
- 2013 Fusion 1.6-liter EcoBoost: Projected 37 mpg highway that would make it America’s most fuel-efficient non-rechargeable midsize sedan
- 2013 Escape 1.6-liter EcoBoost: Expected to be the most fuel-efficient crossover of its kind with 33 mpg highway
- 2013 Taurus 2.0-liter EcoBoost: Expected to deliver best-in-class 31 mpg highway
- 2012 Edge 2.0-liter EcoBoost: Delivers 30 mpg highway, besting all SUVs its size or larger and even some cars such as the Honda Civic Si
- 2012 Explorer 2.0-liter EcoBoost: One of the most fuel-efficient seven-passenger SUVs on the market, delivering 28 mpg highway
- 2013 Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid: Aiming to become the world’s most fuel-efficient midsize sedan with a projected 100 MPGe rating
- 2013 Fusion Hybrid: Expected to become the world’s most fuel-efficient non-rechargeable midsize sedan with 47 mpg
- 2012 Fiesta: Offers up to 40 mpg highway and class-leading 33 mpg combined rating
- 2012 F-150: The most fuel-efficient full-size pickup, with V6 models delivering best-in-class 23 mpg highway and 17 mpg city
The Staff at Downtown Ford is Here for You. Contact Us Today!
At Downtown Ford, our staff is ready to work for you. Contact one of our expert team members by email, visit us in person, or call us at 1-916-442-6931 during our business hours. Located in the heart of California’s capital city, we are just a short drive from Downtown Sacramento, located at 525 North 16th Street.
Use our easy contact form to get in touch with one of our friendly Downtown Ford staff members. If you can’t contact us during business hours, let us know. Our schedule is adjustable to yours.
The staff at Downtown Ford are always available for our customers. Contact us anytime for any reason and we will gladly answer your questions, provide you with information and accommodate your requests in any way possible.
Downtown Ford, 525 North 16th Street Sacramento, CA 95811. 1-916-442-6931
‘Quality is Job 1′ at Ford Motor Company. ‘Quality Care is number 1′ at this dealership. I make this pledge with full confidence because behind this pledge is the dedication and commitment of the professional team of people working in this dealership. Whether you’re dealing with our sales, parts or service department, you will be taken care of, you have my word on it.
Ray Enos, Dealer